Learn More About the Division
The Division of Comparative Pathology has served the university community for over 35 years. While hosting a valued training program in veterinary pathology and initiating basic research and collaborative research programs, the division has become an integral part of animal research throughout the university.
A thriving outreach clinical service has served the division well with opportunities to purchase capital equipment as well as providing interesting avenues in clinical research. The influence and diversity of both internal and external programs are reflected by many presentations at national meetings and publications. The division has excelled in teaching and providing opportunities for laboratory experience to undergraduate and graduate students. Each program area is valued by the division and form important components of its continuing mission.
- To provide support to the University of Miami investigators which utilize animal models of disease.
- To provide infrastructure support to the University of Miami Division of Veterinary Resources.
- To provide a venue for the education and training of undergraduate and graduate students.
- To provide routine and specialized reference services to other academic institutions, non-profit wildlife research facilities, government agencies, zoological institutions, aquaria and veterinarians in private practice.
- To design and conduct novel research making use of the unique specimens which are obtained by the laboratory to further the fields of avian and wildlife medicine, veterinary clinical pathology, and companion & large animal medicine.