Global Division CTA Block
The Division of Family Planning at the University of Miami is dedicated to providing timely, comprehensive, and compassionate care to patients seeking birth control (contraception) and pregnancy options/choices. Our warm staff supports patients through their decision-making in both a supportive and caring environment. We provide general gynecologic care, access to contraception, family planning services, management of miscarriages, pregnancy terminations with surgical and non-surgical treatments, and counseling to prevent unplanned pregnancies.
Our services include:
- Contraception consultation, provision, and management—including patients with complex medical issues, heavy menstrual bleeding, and menstrual pain
- Pregnancy testing/options counseling
- Postpartum contraception
- STD testing and treatment
- Contraceptive implant (Nexplanon) insertions and removals
- Removal of non-palpable (deep) contraceptive implants (Nexplanon)
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) insertion and removals (hormonal and non-hormonal)
- Medical and surgical management of miscarriage
- Medical and surgical pregnancy termination
- Laparoscopic permanent contraception (sterilization)
Our Division is located within a robust academic medical center that provides excellent care for patients with complex medical issues, many that cannot be addressed at other outpatient clinics.
We collaborate with the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine in the management of pregnancies with diagnosed fetal anomalies, second-trimester pregnancy complications, and serious maternal conditions.
Our team is committed to respect, compassion, and confidentiality.
Although your visit with us may come at a stressful time, we are committed to giving you the most caring, professional, and supportive services possible.
We are ready to help. Call 305-234-4690 for an appointment.