RDS is a shared services unit, which provides support on sponsored projects to assigned departments and faculty at the Miller School. RDS is based in the Office of the Executive Dean for Research (EDR).
RDS provides full research administrative services to medical school departments upon agreement, working collaboratively with departmental staff, faculty, and the Office of Research Administration (ORA).
What We Do: RDS provides support for both pre-award development and post-award administration for assigned work units in the Miller School. Our team provides support on complex proposal submissions to Departments upon request and review for such awards as: Federal Program (P) Awards, Center (U) Grants, Training (T) Grants and Multi-PI and Multi-Site initiatives.
Areas of support include:
- Grantsmanship support and advice
- Proposal development, review and support before submission to the ORA
View proposal submissions procedure.
- Collection and submission of departmental sign-off for ORA forms
View ORA forms.
- Post-award monitoring of sponsored projects
View ORA post-award policies.
- Compliance monitoring and review of sponsored awards
View ORA compliance.
- Financial projections, monitoring and review of assigned projects
Managing an award.
- Post-award close-out review prior to submission to ORA
View ORA closeout procedures.
- EDR internal awards program
View infoready applications.