New Restaurants and Shops Open at UM Life Science & Technology Park
Several new restaurants and retailers are now open at the University of Miami Life Science & Technology Park, located on the eastern edge of the Health District, along Northwest 7th Avenue. Parking is free for patrons (with validation) and valet parking is available. The Health District trolley also stops right outside the shops and restaurants.
• Thea Pizzeria and Cafe is now open Monday-Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., serving coffee and pastries in the morning and gourmet pizzas, salads and sandwiches for lunch. Thea is the brainchild of Thea Goldman, a former owner of Joey’s in the Wynwood Arts District. Goldman plans to draw customers from the nearby downtown, Wynwood, Midtown and Brickell neighborhoods who are looking for an affordable, convenient dining option.
• Balans, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, serves international comfort food in a contemporary setting with a full bar. The Life Science Park location is Balans’ fourth in Miami, joining existing restaurants on Brickell, Lincoln Road and Biscayne Boulevard. The new restaurant is offering 20 percent discounts on its lunch menu from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 50 percent off its dinner menu from 4 to 10 p.m. through September 30. Happy hour is every day from 3 to 7 p.m. Free parking is available without validation after 5 p.m. Monday-Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday.
• The UPS Store, open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and until 4 p.m. on Saturdays, offers packing, shipping, printing and business services.
• Located adjacent to the building’s lobby, the Miami Innovation Center’s shared office workspace will accommodate up to 75 people in an open environment when it debuts on October 1. The goal is to foster collaboration and innovation among early-stage companies.
• Locally owned and operated Liberty Dry Cleaners will provide full-service dry cleaning and laundering.
• Subway Café, a new concept by Subway, will serve baked goods, desserts, and a full line of specialty coffee creations in addition to the regular Subway menu of sandwiches and salads, when it opens in October.
Visit www.umlstp.com for more information.