The mission of the Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine and the University of Miami Health System is to be a state-of-the-art academic medical center. This will be accomplished by:
- Delivering high-quality, compassionate health care
- Leading life-changing discoveries and transforming patient care through innovative research
- Educating the next generation of medical leaders
- Promoting the health and well-being of our community
- Nurturing diversity, equity and inclusivity
Goals of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
The 2014 strategic planning process engaged nearly 200 faculty and staff of all levels at the University of Miami Health System (UHealth) and Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine. The strategic plan that was developed is intended to be a map that guides the next five years and positions us to realize our vision of establishing our medical school and health care delivery system as leading clinical, educational and research enterprises.
The plan outlines four strategic priorities that will guide our growth, as well as the use and allocation of resources and effort. Under each strategic priority is a series of organizational goals, which are the more specific outcomes we are setting out to achieve. Categorized by mission (Clinical, Research, Education, or Community), each goal is described and initiatives are detailed that illustrate the intention of that goal.
Our four strategic priorities are:
- Focus on and leverage strengths
- Promote innovation and sustainable growth
- Reinforce a culture of excellence, efficiency and accountability
- Develop an integrated infrastructure
For further details, please download the Strategic Plan